When you seek information to help raise your children, it is reassuring to know the person providing their knowledge has an understanding of the situation as well as professional expertise.
Jan Murray has extensive experience working in the community, public and private hospitals, remote indigenous communities and private practice. Jan has a strong interest in working with families raising babies and toddlers, which has continued to grow and develop since she was 11 years old.
Jan says “When doing anything for the first time it is always reassuring to get confirmation that you are doing the best you can from someone who understands. Parenting a new baby is no different. It’s all about being confident with the decisions you make and finding a mentor that you feel comfortable to follow”.
Jan knows first hand that parenting is hard work, but it’s her passion to help and nurture young families. Jan is committed to and passionate about seeing young families flourish and build strong and healthy foundations for the future. Her approach is holistic, solution based, and practical.
Jan has lived on the Sunshine Coast with her husband and four children since 2002 and relocated to Hobart in 2016.
Areas of Specialization:
- Infant and toddler sleep expectations and solutions
- Age appropriate routines
- Enhancing normal infant development
- Introducing solids and finger food
- Family-life balance
- Author of ‘mother to mother’ series
- Expert baby columnist for Australia’s leading parenting magazine Practical Parenting
- Other child health related articles
Qualifications and Registrations:
- Registered General Nurse
- Registered Midwife
- Child and Family Health Nurse
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science.